A durable kitchen surface
Helena painted the walls of her kitchen and the cooker hood white using semi-matt Luja 20 topcoat. Luja is the best choice for spaces that are exposed to dirt and high levels of wear.Kitchen splashbacks do not always need to be tiled or covered with a pane of glass; instead, you can use durable paint that can withstand wiping.
The popular shade F497 Paper from the Feel the Color colour card was selected for the walls and hood. Colour J439 from the Symphony color collection was used for the mint-colored kitchen cupboards.
When you choose a Tikkurila interior paint and you tint it with a shade on the Feel the Color chart, you can be sure that the color you choose will look exactly the same in your home as it does on the color chip - in all lighting conditions.
How to recreate Helena’s ideas
Painting the wall
1. Clean any dirt away from the wall surface and use masking tape to mark out the areas to be painted.
2. Paint the wall with two coats of Tikkurila semi-matt Luja 20 paint. We recommend priming unpainted surfaces with Luja Yleispohjamaali (universal primer).
Painting the cooker hood
1. Clean any dirt from the surface and fill in any holes.
2. Apply one coat of Otex Akva adhesion primer to the hood.
3. Paint the hood with two coats of Luja 20 paint.
IDEA IMPLEMENTED BY: Talo kahdelle (House for two) blogger Helena
The “Talo kahdelle” blog follows a colorful house building project. The builders are graphic designer Helena Valtonen and her patient husband, who fortunately happens to be a carpenter. Buugi the staffie also lends a paw.