Sanna painted a dresser in her kids’ room with Taika Helmiäismaali pearlescent paint. She found the 2021 Hydra colour on the updated Taika color card which contains silver-based, light pearlescent shades as well as warm shades with a gold luster.
When painting a kids’ room, it is important to make sure that the paint does not release any harmful compounds, even during long-term use. They can also easily be wiped clean with water if any paint spatter occurs.
Sanna restored this old dresser in a single day using Taika Helmiäismaali pearlescent paint.
CLEAN AND SAND
1. Clean the surface of the furniture using Tikkurila Maalipesu cleaning agent and allow it to dry. Make sure you follow the instructions on the package.
2. Sand any existing varnish layer until matt and then remove the dust with a dusting cloth.
3. If necessary, fill any holes with Spakkeli Puukitti special putty. Once the putty is dry, sand the area lightly.
4. Before painting, protect any surfaces that you don’t intend to paint with suitable paper.
5. Apply 1-2 coats of pearlescent Taika Helmiäismaali pearlescent paint in the shade 2021 Hydra. Use an S1 brush or furniture paint roller. Taika paint dries to the touch in one hour and additional coats can be applied after 6-8 hours. Clean your tools with water and soap, or use Tikkurila Pensselipesu tool cleaner. Make sure to follow the instructions on the label.
Idea implemented by: Local Artisan
Porvoo-based furniture restorer and carpenter Sanna Laurila writes the Local Artisan blog. The blog is all about learning new things, loving old things, and doing things by hand.