How to protect against ponding water on roofs?
Waterproofing is vital to the life of the roof as water ponding on flat roofs damages the roof, leaks into the structure and causes costly repairs. With roof coating, the roof becomes impermeable to water. In addition to water, UV rays can cause damage to coating but it also adds to a building’s heat buildup.
What is Tikkurila IsoPondi and how it works
With Tikkurila IsoPondi you can extend the life of your roof. IsoPondi is a solvent-borne, two-component polyurea coating which can be used both for existing and new roofs.
IsoPondi is a perfect solution for waterproofing of slated bitumen and polyurethane roofs.
Watch the video to see how IsoPondi works.
IsoPondi is CE-marked according to EN 1504-2:2004 and certified according to ETAG-005. IsoPondi also has an excellent solar reflective index (SRI).
IsoPondi is part of the Tikkurila Master Solution roofing portfolio.
Main benefits of IsoPondi
Extends the lifespan of a roof
- Forms a tight membrane which is highly resistant to ponding water
- Keeps the roof in good shape protecting the house and its structures.
Cost-effective option for replacing the whole roof
- Can be applied on a moderately damaged roof surface, making it an attractive product for renovation.
- Can be applied easily with a roller and cures quickly.
Lowers a building’s heat buildup
- Thanks to the high SRI, IsoPondi reflects much of the incoming light, and less energy is needed to cool down a building exposed to high levels of solar radiation.